Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Birthday Cards


A friend asked me to create a couple of Birthday cards for her sister and I thought I would share them with you.

This first one is from my friend to her sister.  I used a brown cardstock for the base of the card.  The image is from Altered Pages and I have matted that with a piece of orange cardstock to which I added a bit of Distressed Ink and I distressed the edges just for some added dimension to the card.  The Happy Birthday ribbon came from Really Reasonable Ribbon and then I added a sheer brown with white dots ribbon to the left side.  The crystals were clear and I added some Alcohol Inks to them to create a multi colored design.

The second card is for my friends Mom to give to her daughter.   This was a fun card as I got to use my new Cuttlebug, oh I really do like this little machine!!  The background is a light teal and to that I have added a rose color ribbon and on top of that I added a tiny brown with blue stitching to create a new layered ribbon.  The stamp  I used is by Tim Holtz and can be seen here, just scroll down the page a bit.   I stamped it with Black Staz-On ink on to Watercolor paper then I added a bit of color using Twinkling H2O's.  I matted this on a piece of brown Sandable paper that has a peachy rosey color on the reverse side and it can be seen on QVC.  I ran this through the Cuttlebug and then sanded the raised images so the color would show through.  I have to say this paper is such fun to work with.  To this I added a few buttons and a silver butterfly, I added some Alcohol Ink to this for just a little touch of color.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your inspired to go create something wonderful!!

No comments: