Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Birthday Card

Monday afternoon I found out that I needed a birthday card for a friend at work on Wed.  Well I came home with no idea of what I was going to do so I started looking through some of my papers to see if something would spike my interest.  I found this pretty bright stripe that reminded me of summer.

I cut the paper on the diagonal for a bit more interest in the background and then I wondered what I could put on the front.  I know that Tammy likes flowers so I started out with the largest flower, lite orange and pink (that's how I came up with the pink center) both from Heidi Swapp.  When I saw that one lonely flower on the paper I knew I had to find something else to go with it, so I started going through this little basket of flower pieces that I have.  I found the orange flower which was a little smaller and then the cream  one that I thought would work well for the center.  I added the pink stripe enter - it's a padded center from Heidi Swap that I have had for a very long time.  I added the bright jewels to the center for more dimension and color.
Using a Terra Cotta ink I stamped the Happy Birthday and the flourishes around the card.  All and all I'm pretty happy with the final results and Tammy and the other ladies at work really liked it a lot.

No comments: