Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

One Powerful Hour Challenge - Easter Tag

This week I am the designer for  the Challenge at One Powerful Hour and I have Chosen Vintage Easter.  There are so many wonderful vintages out there for Easter I just had to use at least one of them.  I have used an image from Altered Pages from a sheet called Easter Greeting #711.

For the base tag I used some of the new Distressed Ink colors - Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass and Victorian Velvet. I applied the Wild Honey all over leaving a few bare sections and filled them in with the other two colors.  I then used Walnut Stain and stamped my Dragon Flies randomly over the tag.  Once that was dry I applied Distressed Crackle paint in Rock Candy - you can't tell from the picture the the background is shinny and has lite crackling throughout.  I let that dry overnight.  For the metal flower I used Alcohol Ink in Raspberry and Bottle to color the flower and the leaves, I then attached them to the top of the tag.  I cut out my image and used Stickles in Picket Fence for the Bunny, Yellow for the flowers and Gold for the designs in the egg.  In person the tag is very sparkly and that's just what I wanted.

Monday, March 8, 2010

February 2010 COF Swap

For February we were to make an ATC using the theme "Childhood Memories".   As a little girl I was always out riding my bike so when I saw this vintage image of bike riding I just had to use it.

For the background I used my Cuttlebug and the Steel Plate embossing folder.  Once it was embossed I rubbed several colors of Distressed in over the pattern to bring it out,  The Image is from Altered Pages and I attached it to the background, then I created the bottle cap image.  To make the bottle cap purple I used Alcohol ink in Raspberry.  I added the picture and then filled the cap with Diamond Glaze.  I know it's hard to see it here, but it does look much better in person.  To balance out the little picture I added beads to the top corner and the opposite lower corner.  I hope everyone likes their card.

Thanks for stopping by for a quick like at my latest work.  I now off to get a birthday card done for my hubby - his birthday is Wed - yes I know I'm cutting this really close.  LOL!!!  Have a great day all.