Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tag done in the Tim Holtz fashion


Yes, you all know I love Tim Holtz and all his products. Here is a tag I did for a friend using some of his products and techniques.  The background is colored using Distressed Inks in Tea Dyed and Antique Linen, I the stamped the words on the right side and the background stamp over that using Coffee Bean.  The hummingbird, flower and "f" are all Grungeboard.  For the "f" I painted it with Crackle paint in Pine Needle and Soot, the flower is painted with paint dabbers in a green and pink and then I added Distressed Stickles glitter glue in Worn Lipstick. I stamped the hummingbird on the grundgeboard, cut it out and sprinkled various colors of Distressed Embossing power. The oval Fragment is colored using Alcohol inks in blues, greens and yellows and then I stamped the hummingbird over that with black Archival Ink and then using a soft cloth wipe the ink off - this leaves your image on the fragment, this is a technique I saw at Tim's Blog 
Scroll down to the August Tag and there you will see full instructions from Tim.  The little letters were made with Dymo and sanded to bring out the colors.
Thanks for taking a look.


No comments: