Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

OPH Challenge

This week is my debut as a team member of the One Powerful Hour Challenge site. Thank you Caroline for bringing me on to your team, I think this will be lots of fun and a great experience. Hope you all will enjoy my Themes and I can't wait to see what creative art you make.

This week I have chosen Telephone as my theme. I got the inspiration for the Telephone theme from a sheet of Graphic 45 paper called Classy Correspondence. I love the old telephones and this one just seemed to speak to me. For the background I scanned the original sheet of paper and then faded it out and changed the coloring to be a little more vintage. I added some Distressed Ink in Antique Linen and put Black Soot on all the edges. I enlarged the phone, cut it out and applied Distressed Stickles in Tarnished Brass. For the phone cord I used wire and wrapped it around a toothpick and then attached it to the phone. The word Phone is spelled out using Stencil Type from Tim Holtz, yep I had to get him in there one way or another since I am such a huge fan. I stamped on the swirls in a chocolate ink and added dots of Distressed Stickles in Antique Bronze.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you to be creative.

No comments: