Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Circle Of Friends 2010 Journal Rotation

I have another journal to share with everyone - I did this one in June and I ended up really liking the way it turned out.  This one was for Cheryl's Journal and there wasn't really a theme.  There were a number of sayings in a little envelope and you had to pick one of them, or use one of your own, and create a page from that.  The saying I picked was "The sound of her wings".

Front

I knew I had a die to cut out the wings, so I cut them from embossed  Grungeboard and painted them gold.  I stamped the image on velum as I wanted some transparency in the piece.  The background paper is an artist paper from Summerset Studio - I love that there is a picture of a girl in the background and lines of poetry.  I added some vintage sheet music and stamped a few notes.  I also added "Can you hear the music?"  I added amber beads at the top for added texture









Back
On the back of the page I chose to add pictures of angels with wings and the caption of "Listen to the music."  With different sized circle  stamps I made some interesting patterns in two of the corners and added some swirls of crystals that were an amber color.

No comments: