Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Circle Of Friends 2010 Journal Rotation

Last month I had Caroline's Journal and completed this piece for her.  For this Journal you had your choice of two templates for making a castle and two subjects to use - Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty.  She had included many collage images for you to choose from and this is what I came up with.

I chose this castle, it just seemed to speak to me, and I used the Cinderlla theme.  I cut my castle from Grunge Paper and I had this glitter embossed paper that seemd to work perfectly for this project.  I used Distressed Inks on all of the edges in Rusty Hindge and Wild Honey to give a little extra depth to the paper. After I attached the image I coated it with Rock Candy Distress Paint to give it that old crackle look. I have also used Distressed Stickles on parts of the castle.  You have to have a bit of sparkle in your work!!  I then added ribbon, beads and flowers to the project.

I really enjoyed creating this piece for Caroline and I believe it has finally started me back on the creative road.  I will thank Caroline for that and I really hope you like your page.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH Nancy...Your castle is fabulous and that is one of my favorite Cinderella images! I can't wait to actually get my hands on it and check out all the sparkle...you know me to well ;)

I am glad to hear that you are getting back on your "art" track. I have missed you.

Long distance rubber hugs!