Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

One Powerful Hour Challenge - Nursery Rhymes

This week at One Powerful Hour I have chosen the theme of Nursery Rhymes and I have chosen
Puss N' Boots and I have made my project on a 5" x 5" flat canvas.

For the background I painted the whole piece in a Navy Blue, but I really did it hap hazard so that the whole thing isn't really covered.  I then added some Gold paint and rubbed some of that off to give it more of a worn look.  The Puss N' Boots and Castle images are from a Collage sheets by Altered Pages.  I generated the Peacock, fish and words from my computer.  I applied everything to the canvas with Mog Pog and once that was dry I added glitter and buttons for extra shine and texture.  I hope you enjoyed my piece and that it inspired you to come up with your favorite Nursery Rhyme.

On another note this will be my last posting with One Powerful Hour for a while, it's time to move on to some other projects I would like to work on.  I would like to thank you all for joining with us on my challenges I have really enjoyed the experience and I hope you have also.  I want to thank Caroline for giving me the chance to work with her  - Caroline your work is really wonderful, you are a very talented artist and I wish you all the best in your future. I know we will keep in touch!!  Continue to always be creative.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

This is fantastic, Nancy! I remember that rhyme well.