Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

SteamPunk Tag

Hi everyone and Happy Holidays!!
I have been absent for a while now and I now want to try and get back into the swing of things again.  The "mojo" is starting to come back and I have the wanting to create again. I welcome each and everyone of you to stop by often as I'm going to try and do some more postings this month.

Today I have for your enjoyment (I hope) I tag I made for a dear friend.  I was going to do this for a monthly swap with Circle of Friends, but due to circumstances I wasn't able to join the fun.  I had this idea swimming in my head and one morning I woke up and just know how I wanted it to look and this is what I ended up with.



SteamPunk to means industrial, metal and funky, I sure hope I got some of that with this tag.
I started with my favorite tag and using the Timeworks masks from Tim Holtz and Tea Dyed Distressed ink I made my background using a couple of the masks.  I then, very lightly used Tea Dyed and Antique Linen Distressed inks and went over the whole tag.  Then using the building stamp from Tim Holtz set "RockStar" I stamped in a couple of building using a black ink.  Using a flourish stamp I have and some Aged Mahogany Distressed ink I stamped around the edges.  I added a few gears,a spinner and the metal tag, all from Tim's idea-ology line of products.  The nut that I added in the lower right corner came from  Home Depot and I colored it using a few different colors of Alcohol inks to make it look aged and a bit rusty.

Hope you have enjoyed todays tag.  Please stop by and leave a message anytime.

Hugs to all  -  Nancy

No comments: