Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Altered Pages Week 3 Challenge

This week we had to create three different projects using paper, ink and stamps. We had to make a card, a tag and a page layout. Here are my entries:


The base of my card was made with a green metallic cardstock and then I used Alcohol inks and blending solution to create the marbled background. The flowers are cut from a paper by Paper Adventures called Pardon my Posies. I added Glitter Glue to the flowers to bring out that sparkle that I love so much. The image is from Altered Pages and is mounted on a deep purple cardstock. I added a purple and gold ribbon to two sides for added interest.



For my tag I used a standard shipping tag and applied Distressed Inks in Tea Dyed, Worn Lipstick and Pine Needle and let that dry. I then stamped my butterfly using VersaMark watermark ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then took Brushed Corduroy and ran it over the whole tag, and then wiped off the area of the embossed butterfly, leaving some of the background colors visible and some of the brown. The paper butterflies are cut from a Altered Pages collage sheet and I added glitter glue for my sparkle. I attached them only at the body so the wings are free and have a 3-D look. The scrap of paper is from K & Co. and the buttons are from Foof-Fa-La. I made the words with my Dymo Labler and I added lace and ribbon for more interest.


I did a 9x9" layout using a base of Rust cardstock. Using a Corner stamp from Fancy Pants and Metallic Silver Paint Dabber, I stamped in each corner. All images are cut from collage sheets by Altered Pages. Background papers are from K & Co and I have used Distressed Ink in Tea Dyed to add aging to the papers. "Remember the Past" is written using a Red Metallic pen by Fiskars. Buttons from Foof-Fa-La.






No comments: