Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

COF March Journal

This month I had a journal from Cheryl that was an Altered Book and the theme was "Mystery". I had a really hard time trying to come up with a good subject so one day I went on line and just Googled mystery and the first thing to come up was Alfred Hitchcock - now growing up I watched this weekly program all the time and I think I have see most of his movies.  So that's where I got the inspiration for this page.

The first thing I did was cover a page with Distressed Ink in Soot - I wanted this to be a dark layout.  I used a black and white paper and some black and white ribbon  for the center of the page.  
I cut out this picture of Mr. Hitchcock took a GrungeBoard crown and painted it with Crackle Paint in Pewter and added some green jewels.  Well, you have to have some bling you know!!  Alfred was Knighted in 1980 by the Queen of England.
 I stamped his name on some paper with a bit of color to it and then added Distressed Ink in Tea Dyed for the more vintage look.  The saying was made using my trusty Dymo Labeler.  I use heavier paper with a white core so that when I sand them the letters stand out white.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my work.
  

No comments: