Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

August COF Swap

Well, for once I am way ahead of myself for the Monthly Swap we do at Circle of Friends. This month the challenge was to make an arch using a theme of Medieval. I have to say this is one of my favorite projects and I had so much fun putting it all together.

For the arch it's self I used Grungepaper and embossed it with an embossing folder that looks like Steel Plate, I thought that would give the look of a shield. I painted the arch with a metallic silver and used a bit of gold and Black Soot over that just to give a more aged look. The knight is printed on paper and painted with H2O's, for the horse I used a brown Distressed Ink. I added some torn papers and then did all the bead work along the side.

No comments: