Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Birthday Card

We celebrate birthdays in my little accounting world at work in a big way. There's only 7 of us let now, over the last few years the number has been going down. When I started there were 12 in the department and over time we have been slimmed down to the great group that we now have. Anyway, for every one's birthday we decorate their cubical in a big way, balloons and lots of party stuff - want to make sure everyone knows it's their birthday. LOL!! Then we all go out for lunch, at the birthday person's choice and at 3PM we always have some kind of birthday desert. Makes for a fun day. Here is the card I did for Debbie this week:

The background is really more of a green, don't know why it scanned in this color, but anyway I used my wonderful Cuttlebug I embossed some sandable paper with the Birthday Embossing Folder. After sanding to bring out the embossed words, I then also added a bit of Twinkling H2O paint to a few of the debossed words for added color. I like the way that worked! I added some Distressed Ink in Tea Dyed around the edges and then attached to the background with pop dots. I just wanted it to pop out a bit. I added the silk flowers with jewels for the centers for a finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to have a look at some of my other projects. I hope they give you some inspiration for your next project.

Please feel free to jot down a comment, I'd love to hear your feed back.


No comments: