Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Circle Of Friends Sept ATC Swap

Sorry I haven't updated in so long - between being sick for a week and loads of work at the office I haven't been in the craft room much over the last few weeks. I'm hoping to get a few things worked on over the week end and getting a few more things posted for you to see.

For September and and October at COF we are doing an Advent ATC Swap. Numbers 1 - 12 are due by the end of Sept and numbers 13 - 25 are due at the end of October. We are all using the same set of papers from Basic Gray - Wassail, but from there you can make them completely your own. I sent off my Sept set last week and I have been working on the second set for Oct in
between working on a few other projects - I'll get to those in another post. I thought I would post a few of them over the next couple of posts.


For number 1 I used a Mask from Tim Holtz and Distressed Ink in Tea Dyed for the background. The Santa is an image from Altered Pages from a collage sheet called Glass Slides Christmas. I added Distressed Stickles in Fire Brick to the background for a little added sparkle. I stamped the number One and added a button to finish the piece.


For number 2 I used a printed background, a couple of fabric stars, a one inch Fragment, again from Tim's collection and a really pretty green jewel brad. I found the number 2 tag and paired it with the brad. Under the Fragment I used a Christmas Greetings image from Altered Pages from a collage sheet called Inches Christmas



For my third ATC I used a Grungboard number 3, three Christmas Trees and a cute red and green ribbon and bow. I used Distressed Ink in Old Paper around the edges of the card and just a bit on the card to give a more of an aged look. The 3 is painted with a shinny paint and I added three green jewels for that added sparkle. I also added a little green Stickles in green to the trees.

Well, there you have my first three cards - I will add more in the next post and I promise it won't be such a long wait for that one. Thanks for stopping by - I love sharing my Art projects with you all and I hope I can inspire you to go make some Art!!

No comments: