Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Friends Birthday Card


This week Ricky at work had a birthday and I wanted to post and let you what I came up with for this one. Ricky loves planes and history and as I was looking through some Graphic 45 papers that I have I found this tag of a blueprint of The Spirit of St. Louis and thought - perfect. So I scanned it, enhanced it and made it a good size for a card and then went looking for an original picture of the plane. There's the card I finally got put together on Thursday night, his birthday was on Friday.


I found this great picture of the plane with the pilot and I printed it on a piece of Sticky Back Canvas and then I added a little Distressed Ink in Antique Linen. I know It's hard to see the the background
paper I used is sky and clouds, it really did look good together. I used the Antique Linen around the edges of the card also. Then I added the name and a few stars with Distressed Stickles on them and this is how it all came together. Oh by the way he really liked the card - YEAH!!



1 comment:

chas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.