Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday Cards


Last week I made some Birthday cards for my Sister-In-Law and Niece. It was a major mile marker in my Sister-in-Laws life and my husband put out and idea for the card (she turned 60, but don't tell anyone) and said make something - here's my translation of his idea of a wheel with different times in our lives. I printed all the times of our lives on the card and then added Distressed Inks, I created the wheel using a gear and spinner from Tim Holtz and the words are spelled out in Grungeboard covered with Distressed Stickles in Straw. By the way - Kathy really loved the card and everyone got a big laugh!!




This card was also for Kathy from her Mother-In-Law. The center piece was embossed with my Cuttlebug and sanded to bring out the pink that went with the background paper. I embossed the
greeting with pink embossing powder and added pink and brown pearls around the background.




This Birthday card was for my husbands niece, Heather. The background was embossed with the Cuttlebug as was the the Happy Birthday and the presents. They were also sanded to make them stand out. I added a pink ribbon along the side of the background. I also added a bit of glitter to the presents.




No comments: