Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Monday, July 6, 2009

COF July Swap

For the month of July Andrea is hosting a swap where she sent each of us different products and we were to make ATC's for the group. I finished mine on Friday and wanted to share them. I received Blue cardstock, a blue/green pattern paper, some square buttons and a roll of colored tape for my Dymo Labeler. Here is what I came up with.

I added beads, Grungepaper, a stripe of paper that I embossed and sanded, and Twinkling H2O paint.
First I used H2O's in Iridescent Green on the blue cardstock, then I cut a stripe of the pattern paper with a zig zag edge. For the flower I used a flower die from Quickuts and cut them out of the Grungepaper. I painted them with Mountain Rose Paint Dabbers and a pink H2O to add the needed sparkle and shine. For the embossed edge I worked with Sandable cardstock from Core'dinations with a whitewash finish and a pink underneath. Once embossed I sanded it to bring out the color from under the white. I added the Friends title and there you have it.

Thanks for stopping by for a look at my latest work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nancy...this is lovely! You got some fabulous goodies and made them all work wonderfully together. And you are way ontop of it, guess I should get my act together.

Can't wait to get mine :)