Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Birthday Card for Kevin

I know I haven't spent much time here adding some of my projects so I am going to do a little catch up this week.  This is the card that I made for Kevin's birthday earlier this month.

To make the background I used pieces of old dictionary pages  and glued them to my cardstock.  I then used Distressed Inks in Tea Dyed and Antique Linen and applied them all over the page.  Once that was dried I used Distressed Crackle Paint in Rock Candy painted over the whole card - I wanted a vintage cracked look and that's pretty much what I ended up with.  The image came from Altered Pages and I paired that with a gold digital frame - I set that all on the red cardstock as I thought that would really pop against all the browns.  I also added a bit of red at the top and bottom of the card.  The letters are chipboard from Cosmo Cricket.

I have to say I like the way this came out, and Kevin was very happy with it!!

No comments: