Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

One Powerful Hour Challenge - Military Women

This week at One Powerful Hour I have chosen the theme of "Military Women".  I found this wonderful image from Altered Pages and I just had to find a way to display it and honor all our Military Women that help to protect our country.  The image came from a sheet called American Beauties #500 and my image was printed on a transpariency. 


For this project I have used a 5 x 7 canvas and come to find out this ended up being a very challenging surface for me to work with.  I had a lot of problems with some of the inks drying.  I started by using H2O's in blues and painting the whole surface, I let that dry and then painted some white to just add the look of clouds - I don't think that worked very well.  I used some Modeling paste to create the stars and I had also used it to do some designs on the lower edge of the canvas, but ended up not liking that so I scraped it off which left some interesting white spaces on the canvas.  I then used Adirondack ink in Bottle and stamped flourishes all over the edges.  Now this looks good, but this is what I have has so much trouble with drying.  I've heated it, blotted with paper towels and it's still not as dry as it could be.  I finally just went ahead and added everything to create my finished piece.  To the stars at the top I have added Stickles glitter in red, blue and gold.  The hat, medal and insigna are from K & Company.  I have added shading to them by using Distressed Ink in Wild Honey.

No comments: