Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Card and Tags

This card is for Send Love Today:

As soon as I saw this paper from Tim Holtz, I knew just what I wanted to do. For the background I cut out the lower right corner of the paper, then I took another piece of paper and cut out the train. Using pop dots I placed the cut out over the background for a 3-D effect. I used brown twine at the top edge and around the green section of the card. The stopwatch and tickets came from Mini-Ephemera Clip Art CD from Design Originals. I used Diamond Glaze on the face of the watch so it lookes like glass. I used a Silver Glitter Pen from Jelly Roll on the train tracks and as accents on the train.


I made these tags for a Retreat that Memoryvilla.com will be hosting in March. I made 50 of them and I even have them done ahead of time. As a Design Team member I made these as a small gift to the participants. The idea grew from a technique I saw from Tim Holtz - Yes I know I mention him all the time, but I love his work and he teaches such great techniques and has such great products. I just hope everyone will enjoy getting them.

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the train themed card with all of the great detail ... also those tags are fabulous.

Jolene said...

Tim would be so proud of your train card! I love the pop dots and silver detailing.