Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

COF Journal

I just sent off my latest journal - the theme on this one was to make a tag using "Momisims".  All those wonderful bits of knowledge Mom knows and tries to give us, and when we're young we think it's all a bunch of mumble jumble.  We later learn that Mom was pretty smart after all!!

 
For my tag I used "When one door closes, another door opens".  Life is so full of going out one door and  going into another.  Our lives are always changing and we shouldn't be afraid of that change. 

For the background of my tag I used a color wash of Twinkling H2O's in Mandarin Blush then I used a Mask from Tim Holtz in the shape of a crown and I used Distressed Ink in Shabby Shutters.  I found the pictures of doors on line and I attached them only on one side so they can be opened - there's a surprise under each one.  I used little beads for the door knobs. For all my words I used this new paper I have that is brown with colors underneath and it's made for sanding.  Once you emboss it you can sand it and the other colors comes through.  I used one strip that was brown and orange and another that was brown and green and I ran them through my trusty Dymo labeler.  I then added a couple of word bubbles.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

1 comment:

Linda Thomas said...

Hi Nancy,

I love your blog and your Mr. Baxter is adorable! I had a kitty that looked just like him and his name was Scooter! You do a lot of beautiful work - thank you for sharing your ideas with us!