Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Friday, May 22, 2009

May COF Swap


This month the challenge was to use newspaper in your project.  You could make anything you wanted as long as there is newspaper somewhere in it.  I chose to make another tag - right now they just seem to be what I enjoy making.  Here is my tag with a newspaper flower.  For the flower itself I painted a strip of newspaper that was cut about 1 1/2 inches wide and I cut it with a pinking blade for added texture, with Twinkling H2O's in a purple (I also did some in yellow and pink),  I then pleated the paper into a circle and taped the back to hold it together.  Then I took a large pop-up dot and covered it with colorful thread for the center.  The stem and leaves are cut out of Grungeboard and painted with Twinkling H2O paint.  For the background of the tag I first sprayed it with Glimmer Mist in Sea Glass, then I used a mask from Tim Holtz and Distressed Ink in Worn Lipstick.  I also used a bit of China Blue over the whole tag.  I then added a little ribbon and a pink pearl.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.  Please feel free to comment.


No comments: