Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Guest Designer for "One Powerful Hour"


This week I have the privilege of guesting on a great friends challenge site "One Powerful Hour".  Caroline is in the mist of a huge move across country so I thought this would be fun to do and a way I could be a little help to her.  

I have chosen the theme of "In Flight" and I have created this tag.  All the stamps are from Tim Holtz as is the Distressed Inks and the mask I used in the background.  I used some of my new Twinkling H2O's so the background is very sparkly - you can never have to much sparkle!!

To start the tag I made two color washes using Twinkling H2O's, in Dutch Iris and Heavenly Bamboo - I painted the top half of the tag with the blue and the bottom with the Bamboo. When I applied it I used a very light tough and made it kind of streaky. Once that was dry I used Distressed Ink in Weathered Wood lightly over
 the blue and Tea Dyed over the Bamboo. I ruffed up the edges and used Vintage Photo all the way around. When all this was really dry, I used a flourish mask and Worn Lipstick all over so there is a light pink touch to the whole tag. I stamped the bird twice - once with embossing ink and using black embossing powder on the tag, and then on a second tag, or heavy paper using Staz-On in Olive. I added a bit of H2O's in Mango Mamba to this stamping and then cut it out, used foam tape and placed it over the embossed bird, I also curled the wings a bit to give a look of flight. I stamped the saying with the olive ink and I used Timber for the branches. I added a few buttons and I embossed "In Flight" in the upper left corner in Egyptian gold so that's real sparkly also. I know it's really hard to see in the picture. I added a few ribbons and there you have it.
Thanks for stopping by for a look.

No comments: