Welcome

Welcome to my Blog and please have a look around. I want to share some of my projects with you and hopfully they will inspire you to try something new in your art world.
Please fee free to leave a comment - I love to hear what you have to say.

The above picture is of my kitty Baxter, or better known as Mr. Boo, as he is a big scaredy cat.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

SLT Cards

I finished both of these cards last night to send to my friends with Send Love Today. I enjoy doing these cards so much because I know it brings a bit of a smile into their day to receive a little card from someone that cares. Even though we all started as strangers and we all live in much different places, I feel very proud to say they are my Friends and I support them all in their journeys.



I was looking though some die-cuts and found this butterfly and thought it looked very Springlike. The paper and butterfly are from K & Co. I took glitter glue in Fruit Punch, Yellow and Lime and outlined the butterfly and attached it with foam adhesive for a 3-D look. The ribbon I used is a orange fading into a yellow. I then added all the works, from 7 Gypsies and used a silver glitter pen around each one.




I have made this card before, but this time I added the car, plane and little train. I painted each with a different color of Crackle Paint, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint and Faded Jeans. The paper and paint are from Tim Holtz. I added glitter pen accents on the railroad track and on the train. I also added a grey and red ribbon to the top and bottom of the card. I cut a second train and attached with the foam tape for the 3-D effect.

No comments: